Well, it’s after Labor Day. That means, for folks Up North, the end of their beach time.
Ah, but for us lucky Sarasota Countians, we get to enjoy our beaches year-round.
Of course that means…
finding a parking spot year-round as well. This photo was taken (hold onto your sunhat!) FORTY YEARS ago, in 1981. (You’d think they’d have solved this problem by now…)
Of course, enjoying our beaches year-round means the quest for a beach-worthy body is perpetual. Here’s some bodies over the years to instill in us all, that all bodies are beautiful (even if all bathing suits aren’t necessarily.)
Okay, I cheated just a bit. Those ladies in 1885 attire were actually shelling Up North, but what they were wearing was what the Scottish settlers would have back in the day.
Okay, enough with the FUN. Here’s some history to enjoy:
- Did you know they used to race motorcycles on Siesta Beach?
- History and prehistory of Siesta Beach
- Earthcam live video of Longboat Key Beach
- The beach pavillions of Nokomis and Siesta: More than you probably want to know
- Okay, just a little gloat: Use our beautiful beaches as your virtual Zoom background.