Interested in the history of this area and the State of Florida?
Membership in The Historical Society of Sarasota County brings you, and the community, so many benefits:
- A most-valued membership benefit is free admission to our Conversations at The Crocker. These panel discussions/ Q&A events are generally sell-outs and not to be missed!
- Member discounts offered by the Society for our Sundays at The Crocker social events, bus tours, and other events.
- Receive email updates on historical news. Follow us on Facebook for fun facts and historical happenings in the area.
- Meet fellow history enthusiasts; enjoy the programs and invite your friends. Keep this area’s history alive and vibrant.
- Discover Sarasota; learn from the past and plan for the future.
A membership in the Historical Society of Sarasota County is an ideal gift for any friends, new neighbors, and family who love Longboat Key, Siesta Key, Nokomis, Laurel, Osprey, Venice, Englewood, Northport…and points in between!
We may be an Historical Society, but we’re not dusty-musty. Here’s a sample of the fun we have and some happenings in our (recent!) past.