Print out our Calendar of Events so you don’t miss a thing!
Join our mailing list to receive notice of events on our Calendar and other local historic opportunities.
This Season Events Planned for 2020:
• 2020 HERO OF HISTORY AWARD LUNCHEON – HONORING JON THAXTON
March 18th 11:30a – 1:30p Tickets: $100 per person at Michael’s on East
Bird Lover $1,000
Scrub Jay $250
For more information contact Linda Garcia HSOSC 941-364-9076 or firstname.lastname@example.org
• HISTORICAL LEBARGE CRUISE – SUNDAY MARCH 8th 11a – 1p $50 or $75 VIP
• SUNDAY AFTERNOON SOCIAL – SUNDAY MARCH 22nd 2p – 4p $5 HSOSC Members $10 Guests With light refreshments
• CONVERSATIONS AT THE CROCKER: Our most popular gatherings… A series of interactive panel discussions on events that shaped Sarasota County’s past and continue to exert influence on its present and probably the future. These monthly events run from October through April.
These events start at 7pm in the Crocker Memorial Church. They are FREE to Historical Society members and $10 at the door for nonmembers. Bring your friends and participate in lively and informative discussions. Bidwell-Wood House is open beginning at 6pm for touring before the meetings.
If just 2 or 3 meetings in our season intrigue you, you might as well become a member. Besides, we love members!
• HISTORIC TROLLEY TOURS by Sue Blue Saturdays 10am to Noon Downtown Historic Narrated Tour Departs/Returns Crocker Memorial Church
2019 – Oct 19 / Nov 16 / Dec 7
2020 – Jan 11 & 25 / Feb 8 and 22 / March 14 & 28 / Apr 4
$35 Per Person – Reservations Required
We also can host private tours for groups up to 30 participants; call us at 941-364-9076 or email us at email@example.com for details.
As seen on TravelMag.com:
Events need volunteer help before and during. Give Linda a call or an email about your availability and what you’d have fun doing. 941-364-9076 or firstname.lastname@example.org
HISTORICAL BAY CRUISE aboard LeBarge: Our traditional November Historical Society Bay Cruise is an expert-narrated cruise in beautiful Sarasota Bay. Learn who lived here; why Sarasota is unique on the west coast of Florida, and how the Bay of Mexico and the gentle bays surrounding us have formed a town unlike any other in Florida. Learn local history and enjoy our beautiful bay on our Historical Cruise on Sarasota tradition, Le Barge.
Throughout the year, we have special events, concerts, tours and cruises, so be sure to join our mailing list to get first dibs on activities as they become available.
HISTORICAL SOCIETY OF SARASOTA COUNTY
in Pioneer Park, 1260 12th St., (just east of Tamiami Trail, just west of Cocoanut Avenue), Sarasota FL Open 10 – 2 Monday – Friday Private, guided tours and rentals welcome and help us preserve, protect and polish two of the oldest buildings in our county.
http://HSOSC.com Email: email@example.com 941-364-9076
Mailing address: P O Box 1632 Sarasota, FL 34230