Print out our Calendar of Events so you don’t miss a thing!
Join our mailing list to receive notice of events and local historic opportunities. Additional speakers and topics for our Fall 2022- Spring 2023 are being firmed up, and we’ll let you know via email as soon as we can. Don’t miss the opportunity to gather together and enjoy the history of our county. Add your name to our email friends. (Seriously, we’ll send you only good stuff and not very often. And you can opt out any time.)
We’re on Facebook as well, where we post the most up-to-date info.
Our Traditional Schedule consists of
• CONVERSATIONS AT THE CROCKER: A series of interactive panel discussions on events that shaped Sarasota County’s past and continue to exert influence on its present and probably the future. These monthly events run from fall to spring.
These events start at 7pm in the Crocker Memorial Church. They are FREE to Historical Society members and $10 at the door for nonmembers. Bring your friends and participate in lively and informative discussions. Bidwell-Wood House is open beginning at 6pm for touring before the meetings.
• SUNDAY AFTERNOON SOCIALS – A Sunday afternoon social gathering with learning and light refreshments. These are held at 2pm in the Crocker Memorial Church. $5 for Historical Society members and $10 at the door for nonmembers.
• WEEKDAY “HISTORY IS FUN” PRESENTATIONS – We hope to continue the success of these occasions, which premiered in 2021 and 2022, in the future. Stay in touch to learn more. On a weekday afternoon at 2pm, these are less serious looks at our local past. Follow our blog, join our mailing list, and/or keep an eye on our Facebook to learn more! FREE to Historical Society members and $10 at the door for those who haven’t joined yet.
• HISTORIC TROLLEY TOURS These are currently on hold as of Summer 2021. Please join our mailing list to be notified if they resume. The original and the most informative, narrated by a HSoSC expert. Our entertaining and informative tours begin and end at Crocker Memorial Church in Pioneer Park at 1260 12th St., Sarasota. Free parking, Multiple Saturdays 10am to Noon, fall through spring. Reservations Required We also host private tours for groups up to 30 participants; call us at 941-364-9076 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
• HISTORICAL BAY CRUISE aboard LeBarge: Our traditional Historical Society Bay Cruise is an expert-narrated cruise in beautiful Sarasota Bay. Learn who lived here; why Sarasota is unique on the west coast of Florida, and how the Gulf of Mexico and the gentle bays surrounding us have formed a town unlike any other in Florida. Learn local history and enjoy our beautiful bay on our Historical Cruise on Sarasota tradition, Le Barge.
If just 2 or 3 meetings in our season intrigue you, you might as well become a member. Besides, we love members!
Throughout the year, we have special events, concerts, tours and cruises, so be sure to join our mailing list to get first dibs on activities as they become available.
HISTORICAL SOCIETY OF SARASOTA COUNTY
in Pioneer Park, 1260 12th St., (just east of Tamiami Trail, just west of Cocoanut Ave), Sarasota FL Open 10 – 2 Monday – Friday.
Private guided tours and rentals welcome and
help us preserve, protect and polish two of the oldest buildings in our county.
HSOSC.com Email: email@example.com 941-364-9076
Mailing address: P O Box 1632 Sarasota, FL 34230