The Historical Society of Sarasota County in Pioneer Park
We celebrate local history in all its forms, from our renowned lecture series Conversations at the Crocker, events, and land & sea tours to classes and small group gatherings.
You can #BeTheOne
HSoSC is proud to participate in #GivingChallenge16
As one of the original Giving Challenge participants, we’re proud to continue the tradition. Read more.
Love local history?
- Join us.
- Follow all the happenings on our blog.
- Pave Paradise… with an historical brick!
- Come participate: See our Calendar.
- Take a peek at what’s currently going on at the Historical Society.
- Check out historical images and more on our Pinterest boards.
- And of course, we’re on Facebook. We may be historical but we’re not behind the times.
- Read our Newsletters Past & Present.
- Join us!
Membership in The Historical Society of Sarasota County is open to any person interested in the history of this area and the State of Florida upon payment of dues. The Historical Society is a 501(C) (3) non-profit organization. Donations are tax deductible. Click here for our membership form, print it, mail it, and join us today!
Those wishing to pay tribute to family or friends through contributions are encouraged to contact us for details. Phone: 941-364-9076 Call today and become a part of history.Note: On our site and social media pages, we use illustrations and vintage photographs to engage and amuse. Some of these images are stored and preserved by governmental bodies and/or private non-profit historical or genealogical groups. We mention these sources when feasible; if we cannot specifically verify the originator of an electronic image, we invite them to contact us so that we may publish an Internet original source for said image.