Our intrepid travel volunteer, Jane Kirschner, is leading another of her fun and informative bus tours, and you need to join us!
St. Petersburg: Revitalizing History, A Bus Tour
The historic Vinoy Hotel in St. Petersburg, one of our highlights during the bus tour.
With a guide from the “Preserve the Burg” group, we’ll see St. Pete’s fascinating historical highlights, including vibrant Central Avenue, the Detroit Hotel (1888), the 90-year-old St. Petersburg Shuffleboard Club with over 1200 members, and the spectacularly restored Vinoy Hotel.
We’ll enjoy a gourmet lunch (included) at the renowned Chief’s with a choice of entrees before we explore the African American Trail, witnessing the amazing revitalization of The Deuces corridor and visiting the Woodson Museum.
Tuesday, Feb. 18, 2020 8:00-4:30. Leaves from the Historical Society, 1260 12th St. between the North Trail and Cocoanut Ave. Free parking.
$80 Member, $90 not-yet-Member, includes lunch.
Reservations required. Grab yours now, we were a third full before our eager “tour”ists even knew the details!
- Reservations can be mailed in, with your payment to: HSOSC, P.O. Box 1632, Sarasota, FL 34230*
- To charge, call Linda Garcia, our Site Mgr., between 10 and 2 on weekdays 941-364-9076*
- Questions about reservations? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Any questions about the tour, please feel free to call: Jane Kirschner, Tour Organizer 941-320-7773 Cell
* What’s for lunch? Choose from the wide array Chief’s Creole Cafe will prepare for us, and tell us when you make your reservation:
1/ Shrimp & Cheesy Grits
3/ Shrimp Po Boy
4/ “not too” Spicy Jambalaya
5/ Portabella Burger (vegan!)
6/ Chicken Salad
Nota Bene!! Luncheon includes: Your meal choice, non-alcoholic beverage and TIP! Beer and Wines are available at your extra cost. Please make note of your choice, on your calendar in case you don’t remember.