Will you be participating in #GivingChallenge16? We sure hope so…
“We”, in this case, being not just your Board at the Historical Society, but the great folks over at GuitarSarasota.org as well.
Not only will GS be giving free mini-concerts/lectures in the Crocker Memorial Church this coming season but we are partnering for the Community Foundation’s popular 2016 Giving Challenge on September 20-21 from noon to noon.
“Our organizations’ partnership is the perfect example of non-profit collaboration and includes a multifaceted new non-profit partnership,” says Thomas Koch of GS. “And, joining forces for the 2016 Giving Challenge gives both organizations the exciting opportunity to engage our boards and cross-promote to both organizations’ supporters,” he says.
Linda Garcia, Site Manager of HSoSC, is equally pleased by the new partnership. “We have a creative campaign planned that was born out of a good old fashioned brainstorming session between both organizations. I love it when collaboration results in creativity,” she says.
One of the creative ideas when we brainstormed was that sometimes, people want to donate, but the online, credit-card-only structure of Giving Challenge is, well, a bit challenging. The solution to that obstacle? Throw a party and have ambassadors available to make supporters’ donations for them!
So! We’re throwing a “Ring The Bell Party” on September 20, 2016 from 4-7pm.
Everyone who donates gets to ring the bell, our newest addition to our campus… and we’ll even, if you like, take a photo of you doing so!
The bell, normally off-limits to freelance ringing, will ring out your support of either or both nonprofits.
There will be ambassadors from both organizations to assist attendees in donating online, in “real-time”, to the 2016 Giving Challenge. Remember that your donation will be matched or even tripled by The Patterson Foundation so your generosity will be truly effective for both groups.
So much going on Tuesday, September 20 from 4-7pm
- Crocker Memorial Church and the Bidwell-Wood House, 1260 12th Street in Sarasota’s Pioneer Park
- Tour the Crocker Memorial Church (1901) and the Bidwell-Wood House (1882) as well as our ever-growing gardens in Pioneer Park
- enjoy live classical guitar music by Thomas Koch
- dance to live music by Sal Garcia, founder of OMNI
- ambassadors available to assist you in donating online, real-time, to the #Giving Challenge16
- watch as our historic demonstrators weave fabric and create boondoggles
- complimentary refreshments
- donations generously matched by The Patterson Foundation, 1:1 or even 2:1, making your contribution doubly or triply more valuable!
- historical cast-iron church steeple bell on display
- photo station for your social media fun!
- donors are invited to #BeTheOne and Ring The Bell to celebrate their participation in supporting these two non-profit organizations