The heavens were shining upon the Historical Society of Sarasota County’s Pioneer Park campus when our Events Committee met to plan an active, engaging 2016-2017 season for our members and guests. We can’t WAIT to show off our newly-freshened Bidwell-Wood House (1882) and Crocker Memorial Church (1901) to everyone!
In addition to our monthly Conversations at the Crocker events (which are often SRO!) on the 2nd Tuesday of each month, our Welcome Back Reception for members in October, our Members’ Holiday Gala in December and of course, the never-to-be-missed Annual Meeting & Potluck in May, we have to present to the community:
- Our Trolley Tours of Historic Downtown Sarasota, presented by the famous Sue Blue, this year’s Hero of History (Sept 17 and March 11 are already sold out, so get your reservations in!);
- Our traditional Historic Sarasota Bay Cruise on the LeBarge, narrated by the talented John McCarthy (Reservations coming in fast, and space is getting limited, so claim your seat now!);
- A Private Tour of Ca’ d’ Zan hosted by Keeper of the House Ron McCarty, with lunch (Members only event, reservations now being accepted for this intimate event);
- And Artists in the Park on Sunday in collaboration with Light Chasers Plein Air Artists (keep an eye on our Calendar for more info as this develops!)
Also, we’re having three opportunities for you to participate, donate, and re-house some wonderful possessions. We’d love for you to donate, shop, and spread the word to the community in general about:
- The Pop-Up History Book Swap: Available at every Conversation at the Crocker, and probably a few other places as well
- Our popular and anticipated Bi-Annual Designer Tag Sale on Saturday November 12
- and our newest partnership, Sparkling Saturday, a gently-used, heirloom and estate costume jewelry sale with Jewelry to the Rescue on Saturday November 26.
As you can imagine, there are volunteer tasks and jobs aplenty! Call our Site Manager, Linda Garcia, at 941-364-9076, or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org, and she’ll help you match up your interests and availabilities with some fun way to help HSoSC keep on shining!